15 January 2008

Back from break

It's been a long break. I didn't have an Internet connection at home, so I came back and was a little overwhelmed by the number of e-mails and blog posts I had waiting for me. I'm still not finished sorting through everything, but it's better than it was.

This semester is only two days in, but it's already turning out to be amazing. Last semester was great, but the first-semester-of-college confusion and settling in is over. I've already got group meetings on my agenda and I'm really looking forward to getting more involved. I'm also enthusiastic about my classes: English 102, Music Appreciation, International Organizations, Turning Points in European History, Eastern Religious Traditions, and Comparative Cultural Systems. My professors (from what I can tell - I've only had one class period with each of them so far) seem great.

It's still unbelievable to me how much I've changed since last August when I entered this period of my life. I've become dedicated to learning and hardwork, which is a vast difference from my attitude in high school; I'm more willing to step up and do things that are new and foreign to me despite a still-lingering feeling of anxiety that I felt so much when I was younger; my interests and preferences in things as diverse as music and food have changed (still vegan though!); and I just flat-out feel smarter. I've learned how to manage my time better and I've learned how to present myself both in writing and in person more effectively than I used to. I'm very much looking forward to the further changes that the next few years will bring me.

Although I'll always be a political science major, I'm considering double majoring in computer science with a minor in international relations. I'm not completely sure what I want to do as a career after college, but I'm very interested in all three of those, and it would give me a wider base on which to pursue a career.

I'm going to attempt to post everyday, but with college getting a little more busy than last semester don't be surprised if it's once every other day or so. I'm not going to give up this blog because it provides me with an outlet for expressing myself and working out ideas, but I doubt that I'll be able to use it as much as I would like. Thank you to all my subscribers. Your interest is much appreciated.

namaste

No comments: